Saturday, November 22, 2008

New equipment and a fun weekend.



I was able to get my hands on a new off camera flash this week, after the death of my previous unit a number of months ago.  I have enjoyed the past few days getting to know a new friend that will serve me for years, I am sure.  The new flash is the Canon 430 EX II and brings a host of new functions and controls that will enable me to achieve lighting techniques that I never have before.  

With the new flash comes a great opportunity to throw it into real world practice from the get go with an event this weekend.  I am being brought in to shoot a branch opening for the Community National Bank.  It should be an exciting shoot with my new flash (plenty of people inside the bank to photograph as the dedication takes place) and a group picture outside the building with around 200 people.  Ill be up in a bucket truck thats being brought on site to get up above the group and coordinating the organization of the group by radio to a ground team.

I'll post pictures when all is said and done. =)

No comments: